This privacy notice outlines the policies and practices for ContinentalShoes.com (“Continental Shoes”) and any and all domain names, web portals and web sites owned and operated by Continental Shoes, including ContinentalShoes.com. The ContinentalShoes.com website may contain links to websites operated by third parties and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites.
Types of Nonpublic Personal Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information We Collect
- Right to Access Personal Data
- Data subjects have the right to access the data collected on them
- Right to Rectification
- Data subjects have the right to request modification of their data, including the correction of errors and the updating of incomplete information
- Right to Erasure
- Data subjects have the right to stop all processing of their data and request their personal data be erased
- Right to Restrict Data Processing
- Data subjects, under certain circumstances, can request that all processing of their personal data be stopped
- Right to be Notified
- Data subjects have the right to be informed about the uses of their personal data in a clear manner
- Right to Data Portability
- Data subjects can request that their personal data be sent electronically to a third party
- Right to Reject Automated Individual Decision-Making
- Data subjects have the right to refuse the automated processing of their personal data
Parties To Whom We Disclose Information
As part of our company’s policy, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about current or former customers that is obtained in the course of our business except as required or permitted by law. Permitted disclosures include, for instance, providing information to our employees and, in limited situations, to unrelated third parties who need to know that information to assist us in providing services to you. In all such situations, we stress the confidential nature of information being shared.
We may use “cookies” on our websites to personalize and enhance your website visits. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by our web server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to a computer, and your computer will only allow our web servers to access our cookies. The most important thing to understand about cookies is that they pose no danger to you. They cannot be used to collect secret information about you or your computer or to provide information about you to other companies.
Cookies provide a convenience by saving you time on subsequent visits and personalizing your web experience. For example, when you return to our website, cookies enable us to remember information from prior visits, and cookies may save data such as name, password, user-name, screen preferences, and pages viewed.
You have the right to delete cookies placed on your hard drive, which will erase the data automatically saved during your visit. However that will mean that our sites will not recognize you when you return. You may also modify your web browser to notify you before accepting cookies, or to decline all cookies.
Links to Other Web Sites
The Continental Shoes website may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Continental Shoes. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites. This privacy statement applies only to the ContinentalShoes.com website.
Last Revision Date
This Privacy Notice was last revised on October 3, 2020.